Create a punchout request.
The following is a process workflow for punchout ordering.
- The user logs into Coupa and clicks on the supplier's punchout link.
- Coupa sends the supplier a PunchoutSetupRequest cXML with user info.
- The supplier authenticates and returns to Coupa a PunchoutSetupResponse cXML with the landing page URL.
- The user shops on the supplier's website, adds items to the cart, and checks out from the supplier's website.
- The supplier transfers the cart data and sends a PunchoutOrderMessage cXML to Coupa.
- The cart items are added to the user's requisition in Coupa, and the user submits it for approval.
- Once the requisition is approved, Coupa generates a purchase order (PO) and sends an OrderRequest cXML to the supplier.
- The supplier receives the order, processes it, delivers the order to the user, and bills the user.
For more info, see integrate.coupa.com.
The most common errors are the following:
- Punchout failed: No status element in setup response (incorrect URL)
- Punchout failed: No status element in setup response (incorrect file format)
- Punchout failed: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known
- Punchout failed: Setup request failed: 4xx Login name is not available
- Punchout failed: Connection reset by peer - SSL_connect, or SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 status=SSLv3 read server hello A: sslv3 handshake failure
- Punchout failed: Punchout failed to return a cart
- Punchout failed: Coupa Login